- 8 tbsp Kimball Mayonnaise
- 12 slices Bread
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 3 nos Bird’s eye chili
- 1 large can (425g) Sardine, strained and reserve 3 tbsp sauce
- 1 small Green apple, diced
- ½ tsp White pepper
- Juice from 2-3 calamansi limes
- Spread Kimball Mayonnaise on both side of bread and toast on heated frying pan. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat up oil in frying pan and sauté onion and chili until fragrant. Add in sardine and sauce. Stir fry until sauce dried off. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add in apple, 4 tbsp Kimball Mayonnaise, pepper and calamansi juice into sardine mixture. Mix well.
- To assemble, place sardine mixture onto a slice of toast. Spread some Kimball Mayonnaise on top and place another slice of toast over. Cut sandwich into half and serve immediately.
Chef tip: Add mayonnaise into sardine filling to bring a creamier and smoother texture