- Mixture A: (Sift
together and mix well)
- 215g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mixture B (Mix well)
- 100g Kimball Mayonnaise
- 50ml water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 200g butter, softened at room temperature
- 150g fine granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 50g fine granulated sugar
- 150g dates, deseeded and chopped
- Line the base of a 20cm square or 23cm round cake tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides
lightly with butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the flour from mixture A onto the dates, mixing well until
all are coated evenly and set aside.
- Beat butter and 150g sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and continue beating for
another 2 – 3 minutes. Fold in half of mixture A. Add half of mixture B and continues to fold. Then, add
the balance of mixture A while continue folding. Set aside batter.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy and light. Add 50g sugar and continue beating until soft and glossy. Fold
1/3 egg mixture into the batter to lighten it before carefully folding in the remaining egg mixture and
dates. Make sure to not beat or over-stir.
- Transfer batter into prepared cake tin and bake in preheated oven 160°C for 30 - 40 minutes or until
cake is well risen and golden brown.
TIP: Kimball Mayonnaise maintains the cake in a moist condition even if you keep it overnight in the