TAMBAH DRAMA RECIPES |
Kimball Tomato Chickpea Rice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ghee, butter or margarine
- Spices (4cm cinnamon, 2 star anise, 3 cardamoms, 5 cloves)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3cm ginger, finely shredded
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g Basmati rice, washed and drained
- 215g Kimball Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Kimball Oyster Flavored Sauce
- 600ml light chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 pandan leaves, tied into a knot
- 425g Kimball Chickpeas, drained
- 3 Tbsp fried shallots
- celery leaves
- Heat oil and ghee in a large pot over medium heat and add spices. Fry spices 30 seconds. Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add Kimball Tomato Puree, Kimball Oyster Flavored Sauce, chicken stock, salt, sugar and pandan leaves. Bring to the boil and stir occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add Kimball Chickpeas and stir carefully to avoid breaking the beans.
- Cover pan and turn down the fire and cook for 20 minutes. Fluff up rice, garnish with fried shallots and celery leaves and serve immediately.
TIP: You can also cook this dish in rice cooker.