TAMBAH DRAMA RECIPES |
Kimball Chicken Masala
- For marinating
- 1 large chicken (around 1.8kg), cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 tbsp Kimball Oyster Flavoured Sauce
- ½ cup Kimball Black Pepper Sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 ½ tbsp cumin powder
- Ingredients A
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds,
- 4cm length cinnamon stick
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 100g ginger, peeled and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar Kimball Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl and marinate with Kimball Oyster Flavoured Sauce, Kimball Black Pepper Sauce, chilli powder and cumin. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Place ginger, garlic and onions in an electric blender with ¼ cup water and grind finely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add in ingredients A. When mustard seeds pop, add blended ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to brown.
- Add chicken (together with any marinade) and stir-fry until chicken pieces are firm – about 15 minutes. Add Kimball Traditional Spaghetti sauce and 1 ½ cups of water. Bring mixture to the boil and then turn heat down to medium-low. Cook, stirring every now and then until chicken is tender and sauce thickens – about 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately while it's hot.