TAMBAH DRAMA RECIPES |
Kimball Lamb Briyani
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp briyani powder, add 3 tbsp water to form a paste
- 400g lamb, cubed
- 250g basmathi rice, soaked 20 mins and drained
- Water as needed
- 100g Kimball Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- Red colouring, as needed
- Salt to taste
- For Garnishing
- Roasted cashew nuts, as needed
- Crispy fried shallots, as needed
- Mint leaves, as needed
- Heat ghee in pan. Sauté sliced ingredients and dry spices.
- When fragrant, add briyani paste and lamb. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water, bring to a boil then simmer until lamb is tender. Strain and set aside the lamb and reserve the liquid stock.
- Combine stock with Kimball Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce and evaporated milk to obtain 450ml.
- Transfer into rice cooker, add rice and salt.
- Once cooked, add a few drops of red colouring onto rice. Scatter lamb on top.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Toss well.
- Garnish with fried shallots, cashew nuts and mint leaves.
- Chef's tip: To garnish, you may sprinkle sliced red chillies and spring onions.